Ok so...I bought myself a new powerful gaming computer from newegg, right? The damned thing came with issues right off the bat. Had to manually install the OS...and the graphics card was fucked up. I saw some weird shit that was permanently on the screen. I also tried to install the graphics card drivers, but it keeps making the computer crash. So I try to clear any trace of the last installed drivers and tried again...only it ended up fucking it up to the point where I couldn't use the fucking thing anymore. So I had to send it back in hopes of exchanging it for a fresh working copy of the computer (or a refund)
So I thought I was gonna be computer-less yet again...til I discovered an old Windows XP that was sitting in my room this whole time. I guess I just stopped using it when I got the laptop (except as a foot rest, apparently) I didn't know if it would still work, but holy goddamn it does...it's just outdated, rather crappy and currently has no internet capabilities (though I could still use my smartphone or other computers in this house for internet shit) So for now, this is a decent temporary solution.
Oh, and I found out from my cousin, who had been trying to recover the data...that the hard drive from the laptop is deader than Elvis. So there goes the project for Wazaga that I've been working on for some time now...
I'm gonna do something that I haven't done in years: a full episode of my own shit. That's right. A brand spanking new Mech Cops.
This is going to be the "for real" episode, featuring redesigned armor, weapons and vehicles and an original soundtrack performed by my oldest brother's band. I suppose in a sense, this is a "reboot" of Mech Cops. Many of the designs that you're used to seeing (especially the suit) are based on concepts that I've held on to since around 2006.
This episode will feature voice acting. WHICH MEANS IT'S AUDITION TIME. Here are the list of characters that show up in the script.
MAIN AND SUPPORTING CAST:
- No auditions for him since he's already voiced by my other brother. Besides, all y'all have love for this guy already.
- I know a guy that I have in mind for his voice. Though I guess just in case, it couldn't hurt to have a back-up. His personality has somewhat changed throughout the years, but it has always been important that Buck is the big, dumb, white guy. Now it's more definitive that he's the kind of guy that would do bad things in a very innocently ignorant way.
- He's shady, he's a creep, and is full of douchebaggery that rivals Frank. His voice is oddly high pitched and raspy. Think Merle Dixon (Michael Rooker) or Charlie Day or Badger from Breaking Bad. Also yes, he has a stupid name, and equally stupid hair.
- The only guy that truly gives a damn about being a good cop. Sounds like an educated black man. Plain and simple. BigRalph voiced him in a cameo from my AatR2 animation. Ralph, I might stick with you as the voice actor...if it weren't for your crappy mic quality.. Let's be real, I need this episode to be high production quality.
- She's a skank. Need I say more? Currently, I'm considering HotPinkSexFiend to voice her, but if any of y'all think you can do better, you're welcome to try. I'm thinking she should have a slight hispanic accent.
- Of all the characters, Misato probably went through the most changes (which all of you weren't even aware of, since this shit was all behind the scenes) But now I think I would want her to be a huge nerd. She's skilled at vidya games and random nerd trivia...but in terms of being a police officer, she's a total noob. HotPinkSexFiend met a girl who can do great impressions that could possibly voice her.
Captain Robert McKimson - An old, angry, white guy in charge of keeping the cast members in line. He's often chewing their asses out for not doing their job. Like many of the other cops in this universe, he is rather corrupt as well.
- Remember this blue haired idiot? Well he's back. I've always imagined that he sounds like Kermit the Frog speaking ebonics.
Clifton Willis McGillicutty
- That's right. Good ol' Cliffy is making his official debut in Mech Cops. Cliff is a big time drug lord and Gary's boss. He sounds like an angry white guy talking like a black guy.
Earl - Cliff's main henchman. He's a 7 foot tall black guy that doesn't really talk much. Obviously, I'm gonna need a super deep black guy voice.
Assassin Hoes 1 & 2 - More of Cliff's henchmen...well...henchwomen...It's important that they sound like unfeeling killing machines.
These characters have very little screen time and often have only about one or two lines.
Robber - Some guy that just robbed a convenience store.
Angry Husband and Wife - A ghetto black couple yelling at each other.
Nail Salon Worker - A Vietnamese woman with a very heavy accent.
Suspect - Some other bad guy.
Dispatch - A voice on the radio checking in on Frank.
Door Guy - Has the most lines of all the extras. He's the front door security guy for Cliff.
Drugged Up Whore - Some woman that hangs around Cliff.
Strip Club Patrons 1 and 2 - Average schmoes hanging in the strip club that Frank frequents.
So as always, message me if you're interested and let me know how you would like your lines sent to you. If I can't find any suitable voice actors (especially the extras) my back-up plan would be to voice em myself.