More tips on how to make your character look like a trained fighter.
- The first one is debatable. I'm not implying that every trained fighter does exactly that. But when retired MMA champ Bas Rutten says it's a good idea, it's a good idea.I'm already getting the feeling that ~Dojang is gonna start arguing at me on shit like this. He always does.
- Trained fighters use arcing punches, but they don't simply flop their arms at people. The punch only has power if the forearm is lined up with the trajectory of the punch. Also, the real power isn't from the arms, but the legs.
- Here I showed the roundhouse, but don't forget the other moves such as the side kick, hook kick, etc. Though I doubt those are used that much in a street fight, especially in close range. So that's what knee strikes are for.
- Pictured here is the hip throw. There are many moves such as the shoulder throw, leg trip, tomoe nage, etc. You may have seen characters like Ryu from Street Fighter perform some of these.
- The front choke is easily counter-able since you're basically presenting your whole body to the opponent. You could do stuff like armbars or nut kicks to counter it.
- To counter that headlock, you can trip em, throw em, grab their nuts, or reach over to fishhook their face...it's just too easy.
- Seriously. No girly flailing.
- But of course, in a street fight, there are no rules.
Pick up any object to use as a weapon. Bite him, fish-hook him, kick him in the nuts. Anything goes.
- Also, using a gun is always better.